Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rakhi Sawant - A Stunt Swayamvar!


Over the past month, Indian item girl Rakhi Sawant left the country in terror as she met, appraised and selected finalists fitting the mould of her ideal groom on the reality show Rakhi Ka Swayamwar.

Rakhi gone ahead and done it! She pulled off a stunt that many are still trying to get in grip with. Rakhi Sawant's wedding on TV was a success with Toronto-based Elesh Parujanwala being selected as the chosen one to marry a woman who jerked the audience through TV and Cinemas with her belly and cleavage. Undoubtedly she is one loudest mouth in Bollywood without any direct competition.

Most of Rakhi's co-workers from Bollywood laughed at the show in the beginning; gradually the laughter had given the way to serious thinking, the TV channel made a lot of money through advertisements and other marketing strategies. The final output was nothing less than an instant hit!

It was a real shock to see those well groomed, handsome and wealthy business men from inside and out of India coming ahead to get married with a woman who can barely act, smile and talk decent topics if that is the measure they put forward for a best bride to be. Even more shocking to see is Rakhi Sawant in a mask of a bashful, coy Indian bride with a rose garland in her hand! What a transformation! Excuse me; did I say she can't act? If yes, I meant only in movies!

Bollywood sex siren who made the Indian version of American dating show The Bachelorette a hit – says her groom will have no choice but to meet her lofty standards.

"Let me make it clear, I will not marry now. All I am going to do is choose a groom tonight. We will date for one or two years and let me see if he passes my test. He cannot touch me or marry me until he finds a well-paid job and buys a posh three-bedroom flat in Mumbai. I will not compromise on any of these."

Rakhi's demand would make any serious suitor break in to sprint. Couldn't understand why she need three-bedroom apartment in Mumbai though. Why not two? One could be for couple; second one can be for visitors, and the third one? OK, I am not letting my imagination go wild.

Rakhi continued "I will never quit the Bollywood after marriage like some of the actresses have done. My first love is my job. (Yes, she said job!) I have given my blood to make it big. Marriage will be a part of my life. It's not my top priority" Please can anybody tell her she is not exactly "IN" the Bollywood to quit!? Or is she not aware of the fact that one should go IN to get OUT?

Incidentally I remember a controversy that surrounded Rakhi Sawant and troubled her at the beginning of her movie career (If anything that sort really exist) some tabloid printed on the front page that she is a transsexual! Followed by few other yellow news papers that the sex queen is a shemale! Poor Rakhi had hard time to convince the public through different electronic media that she is a real girl born with all human lady parts. Rakhi really was in a trap that she can't open up and show to the public but same time wanted to convince them desperately! There were rumors some big shots in Bollywood got totally confused with this puzzle gone to Rakhi's house in Mumbai and made sure she is not a transsexual!

Rakhi Sawant also fears that the winner will turn out to be a fame-hungry monster once the cameras are switched off.

"When the cameras are on, every body is nice. They are all Mr.Goody-goody. Let me see what happens when cameras are switched off. (the lights too!) I would never want to be in a position where he lives off my money. Don't you think I deserve better? (Certainly!) All my life I have taken care of my family, so there is no chance in hell that I will take care of my husband too." Ladies and gentleman, now you know who fed her family! It is she. Not her brother!!

"I am willing to give him time but I would hate it if he turned out to be a Ghar Jamai (cuckold husband who parks himself in the bride's house) He will have to use his brain cells, the way I used mine to become a celebrity (really brain cells? Or something else?) With this show they have become small time celebrities. But now it is up to them to become someone big. They should turn out as smart as Sharukh Khan, Amir Khan and Salman Khan. So I am giving my would-be a time frame of one or two years."

I have a serious question to Elesh Parujanwala the one had chosen by Rakhi Sawant. If you can be another Sharukh or Aamir Khan in two years time wouldn't be you getting a better bride than a mare item girl who shakes her belly for bread? And how the hell you gonna introduce yourself in public? Rakhi's chosen one, or the father of Rakhi's kids? Tomorrow how you gonna answer your kids if they ask you why you married mom in a game show?


Now Rakhi Sawant is trying to give us a hint by saying " I will also make clear to the winner. I don't believe in live-in relationships. I am an Indian girl and my culture doesnt allow me to sleep around with men. If I allow such liberties what is the difference between me and Firang Ladki? (western girl) I may wear short skirt and low waist jeans (more often won't wear anything) but I am not broad minded in such matters. If he ever crosses his limit, that's it for him. It's over between us."

Helpless poor chaps, came all the way to the well for a drop of water, now the owner of well is refusing to give the water!

Though most unlikely to happen I hope Rakhi Sawant's wedding will take place in one or two years time with the same person and it will last forever. You must be wondering what hint she left for us to guess, expect Rakhi Ka Swayamvar IInd part soon!


5 comments:

  1. I would appreciate if your readers can share their views of your respected beliefs regarding marriage. My question may not be completely related to the person in your article, but just curious to know there voice for those who do not understand your culture and responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the writer is only referring this lady rakhi Sawant, not the whole culture gap. Rakhi is such a hypocrite, she says she is not a western girl kind but doing everything that of a western girl. and now there is no big difference between west and east. except the girls have sex in school in western countries. some eastern continents it is still new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love to read your articles. they are so humorous. I dont know anything about your country, still i like to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indian marriage has some restrictions, like parents finds their children's partners, rather than kids find their partner like in western countries. but there are big change in this aspects in eastern countries also.
    but I think this article is not discussing the marriage tradition but a celebrity bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. come on people we all know shes only worth one thing

    and that isnt an introduction to the parents as she may tell them where to shove it!!!

    ReplyDelete